Saturday, January 1, 2022

Happy 2022! Long time no posts...

 Well I kind of gave up on this cause my group never brothers to read anything... I do a recap of every adventure and yet they constantly show up having no clue. Ah well.. Anyway I will put up all the missing recaps over the next few days and then try to keep it up to date. I going to also try to put some of the other ideas and what not I have been playing with over here since I seem to lose track of them.

Currently I am working on a very quick and simple OSR/D20 rpg basic of a few other games like Crimson Dragon Slayer, Kave, the Black Hack, etc. I'm not saying it will be better (or even as good) as those games but it will focus on what I think is more important to focus on (mainly really quick and violent combat and light bookkeeping). The new twist is that the players will be transported from modern day Earth to this fantasy world with what seems like video game rules... working title is Isekai, which is the term for that kind of thing. Looks good in my head but lets see if I can get in out in a useable form.


 Isekai is a subgenre of fantasy in which a character is suddenly transported from their world into a new or unfamiliar one. The western world is no stranger to this concept as it appears in well-known works of western literature such as Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland, Frank L. Baum’s The Wizard of Oz, and even J. M. Barrie’s Peter Pan. Like Alice, Dorothy Gale, and Wendy Darling, the main characters of isekai stories are taken to alternative fantasy worlds full of magic, swords, and adventures.  (From the NYPL site https://www.nypl.org/blog/2019/07/15/beginners-guide-isekai-manga)

No comments:

Post a Comment